Corporal punishment: Legalised aggression with deadly consequences

If you were born in the early ’90s and attended school in Pakistan, it is likely that you were either subjected to or witnessed someone else being subjected to some sort of physical punishment in the classroom. Admittedly, most of us laugh at such incidents in hindsight, however, it is not safe to assume that everyone has the emotional capacity to overcome potentially scarring instances of physical abuse. Fortunately, I did not have to endure any forms of physical punishment, but some of my peers were not so lucky. When I was 10, I briefly attended a private school in ...

Read Full Post

from Welcome to Pakistan – The Express Tribune Blog https://ift.tt/2SKqpmI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Body Is Not a Temple

My Body Is Not a Temple